Note: Do not rely on this information. It is very old.
GlogauGlogau, or Gross-glogau, a fortified town in Prussian Silesia, 55 miles N.W. of Breslau. Standing on the left bank of the Oder, on a branch railway from Frankfort to Breslau, it is an important centre of the wool trade. It has stood many sieges from the 11th century onwards, and was captured by Frederick the Great in 1741 from Austria.